Comprehensive Dental Exam and Teeth Cleaning
Early Prevention Can Save Your Teeth
A comprehensive dental exam is administered at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up dental exams, the following are included in the exam:
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radio-graphs) – Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions
- Oral cancer screening – Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation – Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay – All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations – Check current tooth fillings, crowns, etc.
Teeth Cleaning Groton NY
Teeth cleaning is normally performed in a couple of visits. The exact number of visits however depends on your Groton dentist, Dr. Ali and the amount of tartar build up on your teeth.
There are times local anesthetic is administered to make the procedure virtually painless. The goal of teeth cleaning is to eliminate infection by removing the bacteria containing plaque and tartar that became attached to your teeth and their roots under the gum.